Chai Oat & Chia Seed Bircher - topped with Vanilla Chai Qnola
100g gluten free jumbo oats
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1.5 tsp ground cardamom
Pinch ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla powder, paste or extract
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp natural sweetener of choice
200ml plant-based milk (we like almond or coconut)
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp yoghurt or coconut yoghurt - for probiotic and to make it creamier
A sprinkling of bee pollen (optional)
Pinch of ground turmeric
1 tsp maca
1/2 tsp ashwaganda
1 tbsp tocotrienols
1. Measure all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Stir through your chosen sweetener, nut milk and yoghurt with a spatula or spoon until fully combined.
3. Set aside to allow the chia seeds to soften and expand, after 5 minutes stir a final time and add more nut milk if desired. Consistency should be thick and creamy.
4. Eat instantly or store in the fridge overnight to enjoy as nourishing bircher.
5. To enjoy as a porridge, heat in a saucepan until warmed through.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of limited edition Vanilla Chai Qnola for added texture and nutrients.