We're proud of the fact that Qnola was the first quinoa based granola in the UK. Created as a solution to the lack of genuinely healthy cereals available in stores, Qnola is made using only the purest, most natural ingredients including superfoods and powerful adaptogens designed to nourish the body and mind, and, of course, quinoa.
We'll be exploring the benefits of each ingredient involved in the production of Qnola and sharing them on Qnola Life over the next few months - let us know in the comments section below if you have any questions you'd like answered.
Quinoa has long been enjoyed by ancient civilisations including the Incan's, who called it the 'mother grain' and believed it gave them superpowers. Though we can't claim that our breakfast goods will give you wings, they do have incredible health benefits and are natural, wholesome sources of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, providing functional and sustainable energy.
Here are just a few of the reasons we love quinoa and why we will continue to champion this super seed in all of our ingredients and recipes (watch this space for a brand new range, launching this Summer):
- Quinoa is a complete protein and contains all nine essential amino acids; perfect nourishment for those enjoying a plant-based diet, and also perfect for the more active customers to fuel intense workouts and to help pick up the pieces after them.
- Due to its incredible nutrient profile, NASA has considered attempting to grow quinoa in space.
- A natural source of antioxidants, including quercetin and kaempferol, eating quinoa can help to reduce and prevent inflammation, viruses and even depression.
- Quinoa is high in magnesium, a mineral that allows us to Wake Up Well each day feeling restored; magnesium is needed by the body to help prevent osteoporosis, heart disease and regulate blood pressure.
- With so many processed foods currently on the market, many of us aren't getting enough iron in our diet. Essential for muscle movement, growth, brain functionality and maintaining an active metabolism, quinoa is a rich and natural source of iron for the body.
Thanks to Cooking Detective for sharing their top tips about quinoa and extending our knowledge!