Longer evenings means more time to spend enjoying the weather (when it's not playing hot and cold) and making the most of your surroundings. Local parks and communal gardens are a great - and free - place to host a picnic and soak up some Vitamin D (if the sun stays out!).
One of our favourite things to do in Summer is pick and park, get some friends together and enjoy a communal feast. Bring a selection of nibbles (our Savoury meal topper is a perfect picnic snack) and a frisbee for a simple, cheap and fun day out. Here are some of our top al fresco spots in London:
LONDON FIELDS // HACKNEY
- Good for: public BBQ's, the conveniences of Broadway Market and the Lido
BONNINGTON SQUARE GARDEN // VAUXHALL
- Good for: families and escaping the hustle and bustle of city life
HOLLAND PARK // KENSINGTON
- Good for: stunning scenery at Kyoto Japanese gardens
- Good for: kayaking, long weekend walks and quaint pit-stop cafe's
VICTORIA PARK // HACKNEY
- Good for: group sports such as boules and football, the gorgeous Pavilion cafe and live music
- Good for: bike rides, deer spotting, tree climbing and scenic river walks.