Celeriac & Herb Rosti
Like us, healthy recipe box service Mindful Chef use the best seasonal ingredients in their recipes and Autumn provides some of the most nourishing natural ingredients; from hearty stews to vegetable curries, we can't get enough of mother nature's finest.
As the weather gets cooler and days become shorter, we've turned to the team at Mindful Chef for their top Autumnal inspired recipes to help you feel your best at this important time of transition. Each week we'll be sharing one their healthy savoury dishes, first up is a comforting celeriac and herb rosti with creamy avocado. Not only delicious, celeriac can also help to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol and is high in phosphorus which benefits the nervous system. Win win!
10 tbsp chickpea flour
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1 red onion
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp sunflower seeds
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
Medium handful of fresh dill
1. Slice or peel the skin off the celeriac and cut into quarters. Remove the skin off the onion and cut in half. Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core but leave the skin on.
2. To make the herb dressing; finely chop the parsley and dill leaves. In a bowl, mix the chopped herbs with 1 tbsp olive oil and the red wine vinegar.
2. Using a grater, grate the celeriac, red onion and apple and place into a sieve over a bowl. Squeeze out any excess liquid and place in a large bowl.
4. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Crush the chickpeas with a potato masher or the back of a fork until all the chickpeas are crushed. Place in the bowl with the grated celeriac, red onion and apple. Mix in the chickpea flour and the wholegrain mustard until well combined. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Form half the mix into a round shape on a large plate, 2cm thick, to make the rosti. Heat a small frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Slide the rosti into the pan carefully to keep its shape as much as possible. Cook for 3 mins until turning golden. Carefully place a large plate on top of the frying pan and flip so the rosti falls on the plate. Then slide the rosti back into the pan and cook for a further 3 mins on the other side. Carefully remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining mix.
6. Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly.
7. Place the giant rostis on two warm plates, top with the avocado slices, drizzle over the remaining herb dressing and sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
Discover more Mindful Chef recipes here.