Over the past month, our friends at Mindful Chef have been sharing their favourite healthy Autumnal recipes (all gluten and refined sugar free) with us including a celeriac rosti, Moroccan stew and buckwheat risotto. Their final recipe in this exclusive series is a coconut fish pie with sweet potato mash; packed full of flavour, their fish pie is made with coconut milk instead of heavy cream, with healthy fats to lower the risk of heart disease.
For a limited time, new customers can discover delicious Mindful Chef meals with £10 off their first box using the code QNOLA10 at checkout.
120g green beans
1 tsp smoked paprika
200ml coconut milk
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp oil
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 x 150g fish pie selection
300g sweet potato
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
1. Boil a kettle. Peel and chop the sweet potato into 4cm pieces. Trim the green beans and thinly slice the leek, removing the root end. Roughly chop the parsley.
2. Place the sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer with a pinch of sea salt for 5 mins. Then add the green beans and simmer for a further 5 mins.
3. Drain the vegetables, remove the green beans and keep warm, and mash the sweet potato with a potato masher (or with a fork). Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp of oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the leek for 5 mins.
4. Pour 1 tbsp of the coconut milk in a bowl and mix in the cornflour to form a smooth paste. Add the remaining coconut milk to the leek pan with the cornflour mix, smoked paprika, mustard. Simmer gently for 5 mins until the sauce thickens.
5. Preheat the grill to high. Then stir in the fish and spinach and place a lid on the pan, simmer for a further 5 mins. Stir in the parsley and season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Place the coconut fish pie mix into an ovenproof dish and spoon over the sweet potato mash. Place under the grill for 5 mins.
7. Serve the coconut fish pie on two warm plates alongside the green beans, and scatter over the remaining parsley.
Discover more Mindful Chef recipes here.